Monday, August 1, 2011

Tough

House Updates

We are so busy in our household these days, I hardly realize it's Monday again until I wake up and look at my calendar, haha! Another weekend flew by in the Leonards' household. Saturday we had a big wedding--worked 13 hours. Yesterday we spent the entire day painting (ok I taped some trim and played with Bella while Jerry painted...;)) .. and looking at houses. I've decided that looking at houses really is super hard and can be really stressful.

We have a price maximum for our loan. We have expensive taste. We like nice stuff, and we have very specific things we want in a home. We want it to be in a good school district (we would like HSE, Carmel or Washington Township schools). We want it to have a basement (at least partially finished preferred because of my business). We want 4 bedrooms and we want it to have a yard big enough for a play thing for the kids--fence isn't mandatory but we would like to be able to fence it in ourselves within the first year if it doesn't come fenced in. We also want space--probably a minimum of 3000 square feet total (with the basement). After walking through a couple of homes smaller than this, even nice ones, we realize that we think we will want more space especially with my business working out of the home.

We've walked through at least 15-20 homes already. We have seen 2 we really liked--both of which had offers already on the table, so they are not options. The rest have just not been for us. Either the floor plans are awkward, they smell (like really bad--one smelled like cat pee so bad we turned around and walked out right away), just didn't feel right or were way overpriced for what they were. It is definitely not an easy process.

We've also revisited the idea of building again. We are *very* choosy if we go this route though because we want to make sure the neighborhood is established and not going to go under in 3 years. We also want it to have really nice builder quality and a decent yard. It's just all a big tough game!

The GOOD NEWS though is that we have very promising renters lined up already. A young couple and their little girl--looking for a place to rent for a couple of years until they move to northern Indiana. They were okay with our price point too. We just want to get the painting all finished before walking them through our place and then going from there. Hopefully that all works out. Jerry finished the living/dining room yesterday--and we are having a painter (the same guy that did our studio) come in next week to help finish things up. Then Jerry and I will just need to do the upstairs hallway, the office and the family room. Hopefully it won't take us too much longer.

Baby 2.0 Updates

Photobucket

Nothing too much new in Baby 2.0 land. I'm now 18 weeks, so we are almost halfway, yay! I am still not feeling super swift kicks and punches as I was at this point with Bella :( I know he is moving around in there quite a bit because I can hear him on the doppler moving frantically. But, my anterior placenta placement is blocking most of it. I still feel flutters daily--but they are still flutters :( I am anxiously waiting for those swifter kicks and more substantial movements and so is Jerry--we have also begun talking to Seth since we know he can now hear our voices.

I am still having a tough time sleeping--I wake up between 3-5 every morning with my back hurting and can't go back to sleep. It sucks! I have my pregnancy pillows all around me. They help a little but don't take it all away. I really need to go back to the chiropractor, but can't right now because of trying to move. I am going to try add pre-natal yoga into my routine this week too to see if it helps.

I made it to the gym last week 4 days--wanted to go on Sunday but we had so much going on in the house and I chose to take an hour nap in the afternoon instead of workout. It's ok, I think my body probably needed it. Back to the gym today....

Bella Updates


She is going to be such a great big sister. Full of love and life. She asks everyday what the baby is doing and puts her hand on my belly. Melts my heart. She is going through this phase right now where she wants to be a different character every hour just about. So I saw "Bella?" and she'll say, "No, I'm Arthur!" or "I'm Barney." or "I'm Super Why". LOL!! It's pretty funny:) She loves looking at houses-- and she really likes our Realtor. She has a start date for school of August 29th. We have her back to school night on August 11th, and an open house on August 14th. So that will be fun :) She is also looking forward to us taking her to the state fair next week :) Here she is with me and baby 2.0 for a few pictures the other day :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment