Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby #2 is on the way....




It's hard for me to still believe, but we are expecting our second child this winter. I am due on New Years Day...which means it should be an interesting holiday season ;) I was two weeks early with Bella, and wouldn't mind if this child follows suit... but I know it's ultimately not up to me so we will see! Baby will come when he/she is ready :)

I am closing the first trimester soon and I am happy about that. I've been feeling a bit rough this go around. Lots of nausea, lots of fatigue. Both of those things are harder to fight off when chasing around a toddler and working a 12 hour wedding in 95 degree heat too...whew. However, I feel super blessed to be here and we couldn't be more excited! I can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or a girl!


I've taken all the gender prediction tests so far.. well there are still a few more out there. I've taken the ring test--GIRL. The Chinese Gender Prediction Chart (both lunar and regular age) said GIRL. The baby's heartbeat at the first ultrasound points towards GIRL. But then I took Intelligender which clearly said boy... soooo WHO KNOWS?!! I surely don't. I go back and forth on my feelings about it. When I first found out I was pregnant I thought girl right away... but then again, it's all I know! As time goes on I lean more towards boy, but I really have no clue. If you ask Bella what we are having... she says we are having a girl and we should name her "Mommy Nemo"... haha!!

I'm starting to show much sooner this time around. It's a bit hard mentally to handle that! I'm ready for the baby belly though so I'll embrace it :) With Bella, I really didn't have a bump at all until 14-15 weeks. This time, though, I am not even 12 weeks yet and definitely already have shape change going on. I know it's the second time around--uterine muscles are already stretched and muscle memory kicks in. I guess I should just be happy my body knows what to do. I mean really...it's REALLLLLLY cool what the female body does to have a baby. Really...really...cool :)

I borrowed the doppler from my friend Megan this time around and have easily found this baby's heartbeat on the doppler almost daily lately. It's a great reminder that everything is going great! I find it easier and it's louder each day! Yesterday we listened and I found it right away, loud and clear at 169bpm. We also heard the baby moving around in there...Jerry says they all hate the doppler, which is probably true!

I go back to the doctor this coming Thursday for my 12 week appointment..and then we'll greet the second trimester with open arms!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so excited for you and excited to read your new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete