Saturday, June 11, 2011

The first "looks"...

There is that stage in pregnancy that every woman goes through... where your body starts changing and you start getting the "looks"... The "is she pregnant or just a bit on the thicker side?" looks. Yep, even as early as 11 weeks, I have begun getting them.

I was at the gym this morning (I will most likely be talking about continuing to exercise throughout pregnancy in a future blog post).... and went to Turbokick class. Turbokick is a high energy, pretty high impact workout that I've been doing for years. I say that, because if you are newly pregnant and have never done Turbokick before, I wouldn't recommend jumping in a class. BUT, like I said, I've been doing it for years. I am actually certified as an instructor and used to teach classes---so my body is really accustomed to the punching, kicking, and pumping ;)

I was in class this morning and after one of the sections, the girl next to me turned and said "Are you sure you should be doing that?" haha! I just smiled. I knew exactly what she was talking about. I assured her that I wear my heart rate monitor and that my heart rate actually doesn't go above 150 during the class and if I start to feel like I'm working too hard, I step back. And I do. I just found this amusing. Here I am, sporting a little bump already at 11 weeks and getting comments from strangers. A bit weird, but at least she noticed "pregnant" when I really am ;)

Photobucket


In other news, we have a wedding to shoot this afternoon and evening so Bella is off to spend the day and night with my parents. She LOVES her Mimi and Papa and the are going to take her PBS in the park this morning... she is really excited about seeing Super Why-- so I really hope he is there.

3 comments:

  1. You look A-DORABLE girl. :) Good for you for continuing through exercise!!! We need to promote that it's GOOD and okay to do! :)

    ReplyDelete